Print

The Beecroft and District Garden Club was formed in 1955.  The Head Gardener of Kirribilli House had conducted a tour of English Gardens and he was showing slides of his trip at Beecroft.  At the conclusion of the showing he asked if there was a garden club in Beecroft and when told there was not he asked for a volunteer to start one.  Muriel Jones, on behalf of the Progress Association, agreed to do this.  In July, at a well attended inaugural meeting, the Club was formed with Don Ayres as President and Sir Garfield Barwick as Patron.