This street was named after the county which was the birth place of both wives of Sir Henry Copeland.
Corner with Hannah Street – Sheen
This house was built by Lesley George Herring on land which he had given as part of a marriage settlement on his wife at the time of their marriage. His wife was Kate Emily Tucker, the sister of Charles C Tucker of ‘Rockleigh’, Murray Road . Herring was a wool broker and a director of Mort’s Dock. Also on the same estate, Herring built a timber cottage for the manager of his property facing Hannah Street and another timber cottage facing Chapman Avenue for his gardener-handyman. Herring leased the home to Robert Vicars while Vicars was building (1916-1917) his home, ‘Yallambee,’ which was located on the site of the present day Cheltenham Girls High School.
This property was sold in 1924 and became the Twilight House for Aged Gentlewomen. The property was subsequently renamed Jamison House.
 H Barker & M Elven Houses of Hornsby Shire Vol 1 (Hornsby, 1989) pp 49-51
 For more information on C C Tucker refer to the section on people in Beecroft/Cheltenham